Football and music have always gone hand in hand with AFTN. As we keep telling you, we even used to produce a free local music scene pull-out back in our fanzine days.
Keeping this bond, every few weeks we bring you “MLS Back Catalogue”, where AFTN revisits artists’ discographies, writers’ bibliographies and different genres, re-imagined with the current and recent players of Major League Soccer. And all done in a full ‘Top of the Pops’ style top ten countdown.
Today was a sad day in music. On this day in 1959 Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper died in a plane crash in Iowa. It was the day the music died.
With this in mind our MLS Back Catalogue today comes from the era of Rock ‘n’ Roll….
(10) Whole Lot Of Brek Sheaking Going On by Jerry Lee Lewis
(9) Long Tall Kenny Mansally by Little Richard
(8) All You Have To Do Is T-Ream by The Everly Brothers
(7) Be-Bop-A-Ruben-Luna by Gene Vincent
(6) Will You Love Me To-Justin-Morrow by The Shirelles
(5) Wes Knight Has A Thousand Eyes by Bobby Vee
(4) Austin-Blue-Berry Hill by Fats Domino
(3) Oh! Brian Carroll by Neil Sedaka
(2) Chantilly (Connor) Lade by The Big Bopper
(1) Peggy (Nick) Soolsma by Buddy Holly
Add any of your own suggestions below…